Looking to take the plunge? (pun intended) Well, you’ve come to the right place! This guide will compare the best cold plunge tubs on the market. We’ll be looking at features, cons, and pricing. So whether you’re looking for something small and portable, or a large high-end tub, we have you covered! So without further ado, let’s jump in!
Here is my list of the best plunge pools listed, from high-end models to standard models.
My Favorite is The Plunge – Hot & Cold Model. I choose this model because of its versatility. This mid-range model has many high-end cold plunge options without the high cost. I like the white color and don’t mind the standard dimensions. Read its description carefully, as you don’t want to miss out on this one.
The Morozco Filtered Forge is definitely a high-end model and is designed for those who enjoy deliberate cold exposure therapy year-round. Unlike a cold plunge or cold tub, the Forge is considered an ice bath and makes ice on its own. It can maintain freezing cold temperatures all year round and is MUCH different than just a cold shower!
- Made in the USA of zinc dipped galvanized steel and Marine-grade cedar
- Fully insulated, including the Forge lid
- 2-year warranty
- 33″ wide, 33″ high with the options of 4, 5, or 6 foot length
- Water temps between 32-55 degrees
- Utilizes ozone for disinfecting – the most powerful disinfecting agent available & is much safer than chlorine & bromine
- Plugs into a 110V outlet
The Morozco Forge comes in two options, the Filtered Forge and the Prism Forge. The Prism Forge is the company’s commercial and pro user option which includes a 5-year warranty, three customizable length options, customized shape and backrest options, increased cooling power, and guaranteed service within 72 hours.
For the price, users have complained there is no “hot tub” feature to this ice bath plunge pool. Other points of contention have been that it takes between 6-20 weeks to get your cold water immersion tank and that it’s pretty costly compared to some of the other brands available.
- The Filtered Forge – $9,900
- The Prism Forge – $19,900
Now take a deep breath, and put this cool water wader in your cart!
2) Renu Therapy – High End Model Cold Plunge
The RENU brand prides itself on being the “always cold and always clean cold water immersion system.” This cold plunge tank has many customizable options, unlike its competitors.
- Can be placed indoors or outdoors
- No plumbing required
- Has a programmable thermostat that keeps the water temperature between 39-55 degrees
- Has a 4 part purification system using oxygen, a surface dirt and oil remover, a spa sanitizer stick to destroy bacteria and algae
- Uses a standard 110v outlet
- Comes with a matching step stool
- Includes an insulated cover and a 5 year limited warranty
- Made to fit just about anybody up to 6’5″ and 250 pounds
- Interior Dimensions 36″ x 24″ x 30″
The RENU Therapy comes in two different models; The Cold Stoic (standard size) and The Siberian (Large Size) which is ideal for users with a body over 6’5″ and 250 pounds.
What People Are Saying
We couldn’t find any cons with this cold therapy product. All product reviews are stellar and the company provides exceptional customer service. Shipping is free in the USA and the product comes with a 45 day money back guarantee. With that said, there is a 5% restocking fee associated with the return in addition to the customer being charged for shipping both ways.
If you are prepared to pay for a luxury model icy water cold plunge then the price is not a con.
The Cold Plunge is invigorating, a great way to start your day plus improve your overall mental and physical health.
This cold plunge pool is designed to be easy to use, reliable, and affordable. Everyone should be able to enjoy the benefits of a cold plunge, and this product is plug and play. Set up takes the amount of time waiting for your plunge to fill up with water. From there, place your cold plunge pool on a sturdy surface and plug it into a GFCI 110 outlet.
- Plug, Fill, Set Temp & Plunge, it’s that easy
- Built in cooling, filtration & sanitation
- Circular filtration is used, Ozone Sanitation, and has a 20 micron filter
- Water stays fresh for 6+ months
- Indoor or Outdoor use
- Fill your tub with a standard garden hose
- The Plunge gets down to 39 degrees – no more bags of ice!
- Big enough for a human a least 6’7″ and you can purchase the XL option if you are thick and tall
- Comes with an insulated cover that can be locked
- Keeps your water cold for apx $1 per day or less
Different Between The Plunge Models
There are a few different cold plunge tanks you can choose from with The Cold Plunge brand.
All the cold baths include the amazing features above plus some other options. The Hot & Cold Plunge transforms your cold plunge pool into a hot tub that heats to 103 degrees.
If you expect usage as high as 5 plunges per hour, then the company suggests you upgrade to The Pro Options which have 3x the cooling power and come in the Hot & Cold Plunge Pro Option in addition to The Plunge Pro option which only cools.
Lastly the company offers an XL cold plunge pool with dimensions of 73×27 for both the Hot & Cold and basic Plunge options.
Because The Plunge weighs 150 pounds when empty and 1000 pounds when full it is not convenient to move the tub alone. Others have been disappointed that the tub only comes in white and that it’s a bit on the pricey side. Overall – very minor complaints about this brand.
- The Plunge – $4990
- Hot and Cold Plunge – $5490
- Pro Options – $5990
- Pro Hot & Cold – $6490
- XL Plunge – $6990
- XL Hot & Cold – $7490
If you are looking for an upper midrange cold plunge pool then The Plunge could be a great option for you. Although it doesn’t have the customizable options like the high end cold plunging options, it does have everything you need and it also has an option to heat the water unlike the other cold water therapy plunges.
4) Ice Barrel – Mid Range Model Cold Plunge
Ice Barrel is a cold water therapy portable cold plunge tub. It’s made of durable polyethylene and is used outdoors. It holds up to 105 gallons of water and has a built-in drain plug for easy draining.
- Made from high-quality recycled materials composed primarily of low linear density polyethylene, a lightweight and durable non-toxic plastic.
- Holds up to 105 gallons of water
- Built-in drain plug for easy draining
- Portable cold plunge tub
- Comes with a lid, UV protective cover, a stand and a step stool to get into the tub
- Made in the USA in Ohio w/recycled materials
- Only weights 55 pounds when empty & 750 when full
- 42” high by 31” wide opening 25” wide
Some reviewers have said that the Ice Barrel is too small. If you are a large person or looking for a cold plunge tub where you can lie down then you will want to explore some other options. Despite this fact the frigid water still provides cold therapy.
The Ice Barrel cold plunge tub costs $1199.97. Shipping is FREE if you order the maintenance kit to help you take care of your new cold plunge pool. This kit also comes with a shatterproof thermometer to read your water temperature.
Ready to get that body chilly?
5) Polar Monkey – Mid Range Model Cold Plunge
The Polar Monkeys brand of cold plunge tanks offers a few different options and is considered a mid range model tub. A cool feature is that this cold plunges temperature can be controlled by an app on your phone which is an option that provides a lot of convenience. All of their models can carry a temperature between 36 – 70 degrees.
The Portal LE is the most basic option and it comes in a 4ft and 6ft length.
- 6 foot tank has a 170 gallon capacity, 4 foot tank has a 120 gallon capacity
- Weight without water is 120 pounds, with water is 1000 pounds
- Included in the box are: the steel tank, water chiller, pump, filter, hoses and fittings
The BrainPod is the next level option and a little bit fancier looking. The tub dimensions are 67″ Long x 31 1/2″ Wide x 22 4/5″ deep.
- Weight without water is 140 lbs
- Weight with water is 600 lbs
- Installation is easy and can be done without any special tools in less than 15 minutes
- Included in the box are: the steel tank, water chiller, pump, filter, hoses and fittings
- Simple drain system
The Star Treatment is this brands upper end model and comes in an enclosed wooden case in which you can choose the color. The cold water tub is 2ft x 2ft x 7ft and looks sleek compared to its metal siblings.
- The weight of this tub empty is 350 pounds and full over 1000 pounds
- Included in the box is the water chiller, a pump, a filter, hoses and fittings
- Installation is easy and basically includes hooking up some hoses and plugging in the model to the wall.
- Simple drain system
Some cons of this product are that it does not include the insulated cover like other models do, you must purchase it separately. Although you can purchase an ozone generator separately to disinfect the water – the company suggests you empty the tank every two weeks rather than use chemicals or the ozone generator. This wastes a lot of water in my opinion. In addition there is only a 1 year warranty that is limited only to the water chiller.
- The Portal LE – $2590
- The Brain Pod – $3390
- The Star Treatment – $7900
The MURO is a portable upright cold water or hot water tub. It is easy to set up, take down and has a drain to let the water out conveniently. It is extremely beneficial to those who don’t have a bathtub in their home and can be used indoor or outdoors. The sides are stabilized by 6 rods, included with your purchase.
- Portable; use indoors or out
- Drain that hooks to a standard hose
- Easy to put up and tear down
- Good for both hot and cold water baths
- Includes a bonus heating cushion
- Dimensions; 27.6″ wide and 27.6″ high (70 x 70 cm)
- Air pump included
For those looking for a high end experience this is not it. The tub is inexpensive and remember you get what you pay for. With that said, it is one of the nicer portable budget cold plunge tubs on the market. Some “bigger” users have complained about the poles being weak but have admitted they are larger sized humans. In addition multiple users are concerned the pump is cheaply made.
- The MURO Spabath costs $79.00
The Hydraflate Inflatable tub is a nice option for those interested in being able to lie down. It is a portable option that is easily traveled with when deflated. This is a great option for sporting events where athletes either need to cool down their body or soak to help reduce inflammation in muscles after a meet or event. In addition, one can use this as an option if you are a bather, but your home doesn’t have a tub.
- Portable and easy to assemble & disassemble
- Can be used with hot or cold water & indoors or outdoors
- Has multiple cushions throughout & comes with a head pillow
- Dimensions; 5.08 x 14.37 x 12.91 inches
- Includes an air pump kit for easy inflation
- Has a zippered cover to help insulate for heat and cold retention
- Dual drains for fast draining
There are very few cons with this cold plunge option and most users indicate they are happy with their purchase. Some people have had trouble inflating the tub as it can be a bit of a pain because the ring does not fit securely around the air hole. Others have indicated that one head rest pillow is not enough – there needs to be two.
- The Hydroflate Inflatable Tub costs $65.99
A cold plunge pool or tub is essentially a bathtub that allows users to immerse themselves in ice cold water with a temperature below 50 degrees fahrenheit. The higher end models allow for water temperature control from a thermostat and can hold the water for months at a time due to disinfecting devices installed in the tub.
Research shows that sitting in the icy water for an average of 3-8 minutes is enough to get the effects of the cold water. Sitting in the frigid water too long can cause hypothermia. Experienced plungers are able to tolerate cooler water than beginners and can also remain submerged for longer periods of time.
Health benefits of the cold plunge are:
- Improves blood flow & relieves stress
- Provides immune system support
- Boosts energy levels
- Reduces muscle soreness from athletic performance
- Reduces pain and controls swelling in many injuries
Cold water therapy can be considered any exposure to the cold above what you normally expose yourself too. The difference between a cold shower and cold water immersion is that the shower can only get so cold. With cold water immersion using cold plunge tanks, one can get the water much colder.
Are you ready to take the plunge in one of these ice baths? Initially cold plunges can be a shock, but as you get used to the process and experience the health benefits from muscle recovery to energy production you will be hooked. I hope this guide helps you to make a decision on which cold plunge pool to buy.